This Agreement and the Supplements referred to apply to all visits by Pet to The Barkly Pet Retreat and Spa (“The Barkly”). Unless specified, the terms of the Agreement cover the Retreat and Spa.
1. Services. We agree to provide the specified services (“Services”) to your Pet for each visit as indicated on the Service Card that will be filled out for each of your Pet’s visits. We will exercise reasonable judgment as we provide the Services.
2. Payment for Services. You agree to pay us for the Services we provide to your Pet during each visit at the rates set forth at the start of such visit (collectively the “Charges”). Prices are subject to change without notice and seasonal rates may apply. Charges begin on the day you leave your Pet. Checkout time is by noon on the Departure Date and additional Charges will be due for late checkout. If you do not pay your bill in full at checkout, The Barkly is required to return your Pet to you at the time of checkout. You understand, however, that you will remain liable for all Charges incurred during your Pet’s stay, and The Barkly reserves the right to collect any unpaid balance.
3. Reservations. Reservations are accepted but not guaranteed without verification of The Barkly requirements.
4. Cancellations. If you need to cancel your reservation, please do so at least two (2) days prior to your arrival date. The Barkly reserves the right to charge late cancellations fees.
5. Emergency Contact. You must provide an adult, over the age of 18, as your Emergency Contact. Your Emergency Contact must also be someone other than the primary Pet Parent(s) and should not be someone traveling with you if you are leaving town. If we cannot reach you, you authorize us to contact your Emergency Contact. You agree that you Emergency Contact shall have your full and complete authority to make any and all decisions, including those related to the health of your Pet and the expenditure of funds, for or on behalf of you and your Pet.
6. Emergencies. In an emergency or natural disaster, every effort will be made to contact you or your Emergency Contact to retrieve your Pet. You agree that The Barkly, at its sole discretion, is authorized to transport, and/or to make temporary alternative arrangements to house and care for your Pet until you or your Emergency Contact can retrieve the Pet. You understand it may not always be possible to safely evacuate your Pet.
7. Check-‐In and Check-‐Out. The lobby is open for check-‐in and checkout as posted Monday thru Sunday, 7:00am to 7:00pm. We may require government issued identification before releasing the Pet(s) as we want to be sure we only release your Pet to you, your Emergency Contact or such other individual(s) designated by you in writing as authorized to pick up your Pet.
8. Pet Health and Behavior. We reserve the right to refuse to accept a Pet at check-‐in for any reason, including without limit, if it appears to us the Pet is sick, injured, in pain, or that its behavior could jeopardize the health or safety of other Pets or our staff.
If we cannot reach you or your Emergency Contact, The Barkly at its sole discretion, may engage the services of a veterinarian and/or administer medicine or give other necessary attention to your Pet, and you authorize us to provide such service at your additional expense. In cases we believe to be critical, we may take your Pet to the veterinarian first before trying to contact you. If you refuse medical treatment for your Pet, The Barkly, at its sole discretion, may engage the services of a veterinarian and/or administer medicine to make your Pet as comfortable as possible until picked up by you or your Emergency Contact and you authorize us to provide any such service at your additional expense. If we cannot reach you or your Emergency Contact, we will make healthcare decisions for your Pet based on the recommendations of available professionals.